Monday, June 11, 2012

i love this man


saturday night hazel did not sleep.  at all.  i would rock her to sleep and crawl back in my own bed and it wouldn't be more than half an hour before the hazel alarm would sound again.  sunday morning david came and kicked me out of the rocking chair to take over.  he sent me to bed and ordered me to turn off the baby monitor.  i was able to enjoy several hours of {much needed} uninterrupted sleep.  i sure do love him.

sunday afternoon hazel finally slept.  we loaded her in the car seat and david took me out to try and teach me to drive stick shift.  it was not pretty.  actually, i wasn't doing too bad until i stalled, several times, in front of some neighbors.  it would have been nice if they pretended they didn't see but they instead decided to stare and laugh.  luckily i was wearing sunglasses because the tears started coming.  when we got home i crawled in bed and cried and cried.  everything sure is more dramatic with new mom hormones and lack of sleep.  david came in and just let me cry and it wasn't long before he had me laughing.  we laid on our bed and just laughed and laughed.  i sure do love him. 

that night as we crawled in bed david pulled my hand up for a kiss.  after he kissed my hand he sniffed it and then sniffed his own hand.  "do i stink?" i asked him as i pulled my hand away to sniff it myself.  sure enough remnants of the diaper i just changed remained on my hand.  again we laughed and laughed.  i really do love him. 

3 comments:

Eliza said...

He's a definite keeper!

...you'll love that you recorded this all down because one day this infant stage will be just a fuzzy sweet memory...

B said...

Aw! So cute! I remember how tough it was being a new mom with Alex- he had horrible colic and I would go days on only a few hours of sleep! A lack of sleep definitely doesn't help with the emotions! Don't worry, someday you'll look back and laugh at the silly things you cried about! :) I miss you! Congrats on your sweet little girl!

Janie said...

oh post-partum randomly induced tears, mine are big and snotty and I make awful noises in the heaving sobs and they come every time I've had a baby no matter how much I steel myself against them and no matter how happy I actually am. Hugs my friend it means you are totally normal! Be glad you have a great partner by your side.