Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today is

                            
Life with two children is an adventure to say the least and admittedly I have been stuck in a bit of a rut lately.  The baby stays up until midnight and the toddler wakes up at seven.  IF naps happen they rarely happen at the same time for both children.  Most of the time naps are a battle that last the entire afternoon and most days just don't seem worth it.  

Scarlett won't take a bottle which means if I leave her with David to run to the grocery store (or anywhere) I have a very short time to do so.  Same goes with a baby sitter.  On Saturday we had our first date since December.  We had to stay close to home for our date in case I needed to stop by to feed Scarlett, luckily that didn't happen.   

Lately I have relied on the television more than I would like to admit and cooked and cleaned less than I would like to admit.  I blame it on the lack of sleep.  Recently, however, I read a quote that I just can't get out of my head. 

 "Today is the childhood your kids will remember."  

Not only is it the childhood they will remember it is also a time for me to remember as a parent.  

That doesn't mean everyday needs special activities.  It means I need to be present in the moment.  Instead of making it through the day i need to enjoy the day because days quickly turn to weeks, weeks to months and months to years.  These days are a short season in my life. 

No comments: